Monday, June 01, 2015

8 billion Naira CBN Scandal

Apparently some CBN staff of the Ibadan branch in collaboration with with some other officials of some commercial banks have been actively engaged in an act called "interleafing" Okay, let me explain you notice that no matter how out of shape
your money is, the bank never rejects it, well, that's because that particular note/bill is destroyed and a new one minted to replace it. So here's where "interleafing" comes in, during the destruction process, this unlucky sharp bad guys that have been caught, will usually swap the label on the boxes for higher currency notes (N1000,N500,N200,N100) with the label on the boxes of low currency notes (N50 N20 N10) burning those instead and in some other elaborate part of the plan that I didn't bother to pay attention to when it was being reported on the radio, siphon the higher currency bills, releasing those already replaced notes back into circulation, don't worry I won't bore you with the economic implication of that, now at this point I'm certain some of my young readers are probably shouting BADT Guys !!! But they've been caught, so you can stop shouting and keep quiet, anyway a nation wide investigation has been carried out by the EFCC and it was discovered that this incident was isolated to the Ibadan branch only, which I find quite interesting considering I'm an average Nigerian, but it's none of my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment